Dog mom's deserve a "Happy Mother's Day"

Thursday, May 14, 2020

I have always loved dogs... but as some cruel joke of destiny I did not come to adopt a puppy until I was 20 years old; his name is Maui.
I must admit that Maui has changed my life; I remember being in the car on our way to pick him up, when we arrived at the house I didn't know what to do with myself. I walked in and thanked our friends for trusting me to adopt one of their puppies, then I turned around and picked up Maui... slightly under 4 pounds Maui. We made it home and the little guy soon began exploring, but we had a bit of an issue with the mirror, you see, he assumed his reflection was one of his siblings; Maui walked straight into the mirror. That night, I was awake until 3:55am, until he finally fell asleep; of course that only lasted 45 minutes.
Have you ever been so worried about another living being that just the simple thought of them getting hurt drives you crazy? I always assumed that when I became a mom I would be pretty laid back... but after having Maui... I am not so sure anymore. When he is running, you are scared, he could get hurt, when he walks by a cat, you are scared, he could get hurt, when he sleeps, when he plays, when he lays, you are ALWAYS worried because.... HE. COULD. GET. HURT! Having a defenseless tiny little thing depending on me to protect him has shown me that I might become a crazy mom.
I care for him, I buy him everything he needs, I teach and discipline him but over all I watch him grow and develop his personality. There are very few things in this world I love more than being Maui's mom.
So next year, be sure to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all the dog mom's out there! If you have a dog you will understand when I say, they are the most loving and loyal creatures on this earth and don't take long to become part of the family.
As of today, Maui is 1 year and half and has officially graduated Puppy Training! The rest of the course has been delayed due to COVID-19 but soon he will go back to school, to become the best boy ever!

Post a Comment